IELTS TASK 1 — GENERAL TRAINING
Your neighbors have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your house/ flat.
Write a letter to your neighbors. In your letter
- explain the reasons for the noise | 1-year-old baby who is sick
- apologise | …sorry for the inconvinience this may have caused you
- describe what action you will take | Hospital
You should write at least 150 words.
Dear John and Molly,
I hope that you and your family are all well. Yesterday I received your letter about the noise coming out of my flat. Therefore, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience I may have caused you.
My sister from the Dominican Republic is staying with me for two weeks with her 1-year-old baby. Due to the new weather, my nephew got sick and has been crying a lot. I recognized that sometimes he could be louder than a smoke detector. We took him to the hospital. Despite the medication and the fact that he is now doing better, the difference of hours keeps him awake during the night. Probably you can hear him running around at 3 am.
Fortunately, today we visited a new pediatrician who gave us benzos for kids. We are expecting to have a better night tonight.
I appreciate your patience. I am sorry to have caused you any trouble. If this helps, they are leaving in two days.
Please accept my sincere apologies for…
I am very sorry about…
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience I may have caused you.
I will be available to meet you at a time and place convenient to you…
I am sorry to have caused you any trouble.
Warnings about this letter:
1. The letter above was written by an IELTS student.
2. The opinions on the letter may not be the real inclination of the author.
3. Having English as a second language may cause grammar mistakes.
4. Since it was written for educational purposes numerous illustrations tend to be fake.
5. Please use the information on my platform to generate ideas about IELTS topics and vocabulary only.
Note: I will appreciate constructive comments below 😊
If you are an IELTS student and I would have the opportunity to talk with you, I would ask you, which ideas would you have, and which vocabulary would you add?